Sunday, December 6, 2009

Welcome to my movie addiction




I confess I have loved movies all of my life. I watch no less than five movies a week on TV or DVD. I go to see movies in theaters. I love getting absorbed into the story. I love the cinematography. I admire great performances that remind me of the beauty and complexity of the human animal. And I also love to laugh and be scared out of my wits and cry at sappy happy stuff.

My current favorite movies change all the time. There are movies I watch over and over in a short space of time and some I want to wait to see again to savor later.

Since it is the holiday season, I confess the first movie I ever fell in love with was It's A Wonderful Life. I would guess have seen this movie no less than a hundred times. It never gets old. What first tapped into my kid imagination was those angels chatting amidst the stars--not great special effects but magical nonetheless. I like to be reminded that one life touches so many others. It's easy for me to forget. And Jimmy Stewart is such an incredible actor. He's so fragile, so like any of us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm anxious to see what you cover. I agree that Jimmy Stewart is incredible. We'll never see another quite like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'll have more to say about Jimmy. Thanks for tuning in.

    ReplyDelete